Community feasts: No need to go hungry or be lonely
Nov 24, 2015
LAUGHLIN — Individuals and families in need, or those seeking companionship, are invited to share in the bounty of the season at the events listed below. The meals listed are offered at no charge.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 25
• Mohave Valley Masonic Lodge 68, 2580 Miracle Mile in Bullhead City, is cooking 25 turkeys with all the fixings: mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, green beans, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and pie. Dinner will be served from 1 - 7 p.m. MST or until they run out of food.
THURSDAY, NOV. 26
• Start Thanksgiving Day off by burning some calories in advance of the feast while helping local families in need.
Crossfit 86426 is sponsoring its annual 5K Turkey Trot Fun Run and Walk at Rotary Park Skate Park in Bullhead City. Registration begins at 6, race time is 7 a.m. MST. Fee is $30 for adults and teens and $25 for kids.
Proceeds will benefit the Bullhead City Fire Fighters Toy Drive. Call 928-727-0078 for more information.
• Thanksgiving dinner will be served at the Bullhead Area Chamber of Commerce, 1251 Highway 95 (downstairs, use the south entrance), from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. MST. The meal is free for adults and children in need.
• Caring Hearts Food Ministry invite the community to Lizzy’s Kitchen, 2649 Highway 95 in Bullhead City, for a traditional holiday meal from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. MST. Menu includes turkey, stuffing, salad, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and a beverage.
• In Needles, River’s Edge Community Christian Church, 244 G St. at Third Street, will serve Thanksgiving dinner from noon to 3 p.m. PST. The event is designed for people who otherwise would spend Thanksgiving alone. All are invited; donations are accepted but not necessary. Call 760-221-7718 for more information.